Monday, June 15, 2009

Patience is not my virtue

Between my husband and I, I'm the one with the least bit of patience.

I can come back again if I see a queue is too long at Woolworths or I can park the furthest away from the entrance to the mall, just so that I don't sit in the car waiting for a closer parking... so can you just imagine my plight when I had to wait to see the gynae!

You see, I had to. The appointment with him was only 4 weeks after the initial pregnancy finding. Because the blood test revealed that I was only 4-5 weeks pregnant, they felt that it would be unnecessary for me to come in as there would be no clear visibility of a sac or heartbeat. It was the longest 4 weeks of my life.
I was already experiencing the exhaustion, nausea and mood swings. The latter being very unusual for me at work and it was being noticed. I felt it my duty to tell my department. This also put everything into perspective for them, as there were days when I was tired, I used to have my sunnies on - with eyes closed beneath the Chanel lenses.

No comments:

Post a Comment